Assistant Insectary Manager
- PhD in Zoology, Bangalore University, Bangalore – ‘Studies on the genetic basis of Fenitrothion resistance and comparative susceptibility of Anopheles stephensi Liston to rodent malaria parasite’. (2003)
- Consultant, Medicine for Malaria Venture (MMV), Geneva (2016 and 2017)
- Editorial Manager, Nova Techset, Bangalore (2006-2018)
- DST-Post-Doctoral Fellowship, Centre for Applied Genetics, Bangalore University, Bangalore – ‘Genetic and biochemical studies of Anoheles stephensi, a malaria vector’ (2006)
- Guest Lecturer, Center for Applied Genetics, Bangalore University, Bangalore
- Guest Lecturer, Dept. of Zoology, Ispat College, Rourkela (1992-1993)
- Head of Dept and Lecturer in Zoology, Kalyani Ray Mahavidyalaya, Rourkela (1992-1994)
- Colonization and rearing of mosquitoes and development of Anopheles isofemale lines.
- Vector Biology and related entomological techniques
- Vector Genetics, Cytogenetics and related crossing techniques
- Vector control
- Mosquito biodiversity and ecology
- Rodent malaria (berghei, P. yoelii) parasite model
- Copy editing for Scientific journals
Area of interest
- Mosquito vector biology and colonization
- Vector genetics and cytogenetics
- Malaria vector host-parasite interaction
- Capacity building (Training)
Honors and Awards
‘Special Presentation’ award from the Indian Society for Parasitology, Lucknow in the 3rd Global Meet on Parasitic Diseases, Bangalore University, Bangalore, January 12–16, 2004.
- Ghosh Chaitali and NJ Shetty (1999). Mode of inheritance of Fenitrothion resistance in Anopheles stephensi Journal of Cytology and Genetics. 34 (2): 141–146.
- Shetty NJ, AD Madhyastha, C Ghosh and BH Rajasree (1999). Egg-float ridge number in Anopheles stephensi: ecological variation. Journal of Parasitic Diseases. 23 (1): 45–48.
- Priyalakshmi, BL, BH Rajasree, C Ghosh and NJ Shetty (1999). Effect of Fenitrothion, Deltamethrin and Cypermethrin on reproductive potential and longevity of life cycle in Anopheles stephensi. Journal of Parasitic Diseases. 23 (2): 125–128.
- Ghosh Chaitali, BH Rajasree, BL Priyalakshmi and NJ Shetty (2002). Susceptibility status of different strains of Anopheles stephensi Liston to Fenitrothion, Deltamethrin and Cypermethrin. XXVI (4): 47–52.
- Ghosh Chaitali and NJ Shetty (2004). Tests for association of Fenitrothion resistance with the inversion polymorphism in the malaria vector, Anopheles stephensi. The Nucleus-Calcutta-International Journal of Cytology & Genetics. 47(3): 164–168.
- Ghosh Chaitali and NJ Shetty (2004). Comparative susceptibility studies of different Indian strains of Anopheles stephensi to Plasmodium yoelii nigeriensis, a rodent malaria parasite. ‘3rd Global Meet on Parasitic Diseases’ Bangalore University, Bangalore, Abstract No. 252. pp 156–157.
- Shetty NJ and C Ghosh (2005). Grey larvae – an allele of the greenish black larvae in the malaria mosquito Anopheles stephensi Journal of Cytology and Genetics. 6 (NS) 35–40.
- Shetty NJ and C Ghosh (2005). Chromosomal translocation and inherited semisterility in Anopheles stephensi, Liston, a malaria mosquito. In ‘Proceedings of 7th International Symposium on Vector Biology’ Punjabi University, Patiala. Punjab. Editors: VP Sharma and J. Singh Kirti, The National Academy of Sciences, India, pp. 95–104.
- Shetty NJ, T Zin, M Zu Mimm, AD Madhystha, C Ghosh, TPN Hariprasad and BN Chandrakala (2007). Mosquito biodiversity and distribution in Mandya district, Karnataka State, India. Entomon, 32,263-268.
- Ghosh SK and C Ghosh (2019). New ways to tackle malaria. In a book chapter `Current Topics in the Epidemiology of Vector-Borne Diseases’, 2019. IntechOpen, UK, DOI: 10.5772/intechopen.89467. Available from: https://www.intechopen.com/online-first/new-ways-to-tackle-malaria
- Ghosh SK and C Ghosh (2020). Innovations in vector borne disease control in India. In a book Chapter `Public Health in Developing Countries – Challenges and Opportunities’, Editors: Edlyne Eze Anugwom and Niyi Awofeso, IntechOpen, UK, DOI: 10.5772/intechopen.90526.
- Chida AR, Ravi S, Jayaprasad S, Paul K, Saha J, Suresh C, Whadgar S, Kumar N, Rao KR, Ghosh C, Choudhary B, Subramani S and Srinivasan S (2020). A near-chromosome level genome assembly of Anopheles stephensi. Frontier in Genetics. 16;11:565626.
- Ghosh SK and Ghosh C (2021). New challenges in achieving the last mile to eliminate malaria. In Current Topics and Emerging Issues in Malaria Elimination’ IntechOpen, UK.
- Thakare A*, Ghosh C*, Tejaswini T*, Naveen K, …. Sampath K, Soumya M, …. Swain S and Srinivasan S. (2022). The genome trilogy of Anopheles stephensi, an urban malaria vector, reveals structure of a locus associated with adaptation to environmental heterogeneity to environmental heterogeneity. Scientific Reports. 12:3610