- Ph.D. Molecular and Cellular Biology, University of South Bohemia, Czech Republic
- M.Sc. Biotechnology, Pondicherry University.
- Post-doctoral research, Centre for Stem Cell Research, CMC, Vellore, 2017-2020
Mouse developmental biology, human pluripotent stem cells and Gene editing
Area of interest
Stem cell-based therapeutics and RNA modifications
Current activities at TIGS – Developing stem cell based therapeutic platforms for rare genetic disorders and investigating the role of RNA modifications in stem cells.
Honors and Awards
INSPIRE Faculty Award, 2019
- Thamodaran V, Rani S, and Velayudhan SR (2021) Gene Editing in Human Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells Using Doxycycline-Inducible CRISPR-Cas9 System, New York, NY
- Bagchi A, Nath A, Thamodaran V, et al (2021) Direct Generation of Immortalized Erythroid Progenitor Cell Lines from Peripheral Blood Mononuclear Cells. 10:523
- Bora P, Thamodaran V, Šušor A, et al (2019) p38-Mitogen Activated Kinases Mediate a Developmental Regulatory Response to Amino Acid Depletion and Associated Oxidative Stress in Mouse Blastocyst Embryos.
- John J, Saranathan R, Adigopula LN, Vasanth T, et al (2016) The quorum sensing molecule N -acyl homoserine lactone produced by Acinetobacter baumannii displays antibacterial and anticancer properties. 32:1029–1047
- Thamodaran V and Bruce AW (2016) p38 (Mapk14/11) occupies a regulatory node governing entry into primitive endoderm differentiation during preimplantation mouse embryo development. 6:160190
- Mihajlović AI, Thamodaran V, and Bruce AW (2015) The first two cell-fate decisions of preimplantation mouse embryo development are not functionally independent.
- Saranathan R, Vasanth V, Vasanth T, et al (2015) Emergence of carbapenem non-susceptible multidrug resistant Acinetobacter baumannii strains of clonal complexes 103 B and 92 B harboring OXA-type carbapenemases and metallo-β-lactamases in Southern India: Oxacillinases and MBLs in A. baumannii. 59:277–284
- Prashanth K, Vasanth T, Saranathan R, et al (2012) Antibiotic Resistance, Biofilms and Quorum Sensing in Acinetobacter Species, In: Pana, M. (ed.) Antibiotic Resistant Bacteria – A Continuous Challenge in the New Millennium, InTech