Chief Scientific Officer
- Ph. D. (Molecular Biology), National Institute of Immunology, New Delhi
- M. Sc. (Molecular & Human Genetics), Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi
- Research Coordinator – Genomics and Bioinformatics, Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology, Hyderabad (Oct 2018 – July 2022)
- Project Scientist – Bioinformatics, Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology, Hyderabad (Jan 2016 – Oct 2018)
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology, Hyderabad (Feb 2009 – Apr 2015)
Chromatin regulation, stem cell biology, Next Generation Sequencing (NGS)-based genomics and data analysis, project management.
Areas of interest
Epigenetics, genomics, data visualization (Blog: https://www.dataviz.in/)
Publications (last 5 years)
- Epigenetic regulation of cis-regulatory elements and transcription factors during development. Khan S, Mishra R K, Srivastava S# (2022) Perinatal and Developmental Epigenetics – Elsevier Book Volume Translation Epigenetics series (In print)
- Host transcriptional response to SARS-CoV-2 infection in COVID-19 patients. Singh NK*, Srivastava S*, Zaveri L* et al. (2021) Clinical and Translational Medicine 11(9):e534.
- SARS-CoV-2 seroprevalence in the city of Hyderabad, India in early 2021. Laxmaiah A et al., (2021) IJID Regions Volume 2: 1-7
- SARS-CoV-2 genomics: An Indian perspective on sequencing viral variants. Srivastava S, Banu S, Singh P, Sowpati DT, Mishra RK (2021) Journal of Biosciences 46: 22
- Transcriptomic dataset of zebrafish tissues following chronic alcohol exposure and withdrawal. Banu S, Srivastava S, Mohammed A, Kushawah G, Sowpati DT, Mishra RK (2020) Data in Brief 33: 106442
- Learning From a Pandemic: Developing Capacity to Monitor COVID-19. Srivastava S, Karak S, Mishra RK (2020) Science Reporter – NISCAIR |Popular science article
- Testing and surveillance strategies in the context of COVID-19 in India. Srivastava S*, Karak S*, Mishra RK (2020) Indian Chemical Engineer 62:4, 343-350
- Tissue-specific transcriptome recovery on withdrawal from chronic alcohol exposure in zebrafish. Banu S, Srivastava S, Mohammed A, Kushawah G, Sowpati DT, Mishra RK (2020) Alcohol 91:29-38
- Sperm methylome alterations following yoga‐based lifestyle intervention in patients of primary male infertility: A pilot study. Bisht S, Banu S, Srivastava S, Pathak RU, Kumar R, Dada R, Mishra RK (2020) Andrologia 00:e13551
- Patterns of microsatellite distribution across eukaryotic genomes. Srivastava S, Avvaru AK, Sowpati DT, Mishra RK (2019) BMC Genomics 20(1):153.
- Epigenetic factors Polycomb (Pc) and Suppressor of zeste (Su(z)2) negatively regulate longevity in Drosophila. Dasari V, Srivastava S, Khan S, Mishra RK (2018) Biogerontology 19(1):33-45.
- Distinguishing States of Arrest: Genome-wide Descriptions of Cellular Quiescence Using ChIP-seq and RNA-seq Analysis. Srivastava S*, Gala H*, Mishra RK, and Dhawan J (2018) Methods in Molecular Biology 1686:215-239.
- C-State: An interactive web app for simultaneous multi-gene visualization and comparative epigenetic pattern search. Srivastava S*#, Sowpati DT*, Dhawan J, Mishra RK# (2017) BMC Bioinformatics 18 (Suppl 10):392.
- The placental gateway of maternal transgenerational epigenetic inheritance. Sailasree P, Srivastava S, Mishra RK (2017) Journal of Genetics 96(3):465-482.