- Ph.D. Organic Chemistry, University of Allahabad, 1986
- M.Sc. Chemistry, University of Allahabad, 1981
- Director, Center for Cellular and Molecular Biology, Hyderabad, 2016 – 2021
- Scientist, Center for Cellular and Molecular Biology, Hyderabad, 2001 – 2016
- Postdoctoral Research, University of Geneva, Switzerland, 1996 – 2001
- Postdoctoral Research, Saint Louis University School of Medicine, USA, 1992 – 1996
- Scientist, Center for Cellular and Molecular Biology, Hyderabad, 1988 – 1992
- Postdoctoral Research, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, 1986 – 1988
- Comparative and functional genomics of non-coding DNA
- Organization and regulation of Hox complexes: the evolutionary logic of anterior-posterior body axis formation in animals
- Epigenetic regulation and development
- J.C. Bose Fellowship
- Indian Academy of Sciences
- National Academy of Sciences, India
- Indian National Academy of Sciences
- Andhra Pradesh Academy of Sciences
- Genome-wide analysis of microsatellite repeats in humans: their abundance and density in specific genomic regions. S Subramanian, RK Mishra, L Singh. Genome biology 4 (2), 1-10, 2003.
- The iab-7 Polycomb Response Element Maps to a Nucleosome-Free Region of Chromatin and Requires Both GAGA and Pleiohomeotic for Silencing Activity. RK Mishra, J Mihaly, S Barges, A Spierer, F Karch, K Hagstrom, Susan E Schweinsberg, Paul Schedl. Molecular and cellular biology 21 (4), 1311-1318, 2001.
- The Enhancer-Blocking Activity of the Fab-7 Boundary From the Drosophila Bithorax Complex Requires GAGA-Factor-Binding Sites. S Schweinsberg, K Hagstrom, D Gohl, P Schedl, RP Kumar, R Mishra, Francois Karch. Genetics 168 (3), 1371-1384, 2004.
- Synergistic recognition of an epigenetic DNA element by Pleiohomeotic and a Polycomb core complex. A Mohd-Sarip, F Cléard, RK Mishra, F Karch, CP Verrijzer. Genes & Development 19 (15), 1755-1760, 2005.
- Triplet repeats in human genome: distribution and their association with genes and other genomic regions S Subramanian, VM Madgula, R George, RK Mishra, MW Pandit, Chanderashekar S Kumar, Lalji Singh. Bioinformatics 19 (5), 549-552, 2003.
- Efficient and specific targeting of Polycomb group proteins requires cooperative interaction between Grainyhead and Pleiohomeotic. A Blastyák, RK Mishra, F Karch, H Gyurkovics. Molecular and cellular biology 26 (4), 1434-1444, 2006.
- Design and synthesis of pyrazole–oxindole conjugates targeting tubulin polymerization as new anticancer agents. A Kamal, AB Shaik, N Jain, C Kishor, A Nagabhushana, B Supriya, G Bharath Kumar, Sumit S Chourasiya, Yerramsetty Suresh, Rakesh K Mishra, Anthony Addlagatta. European journal of medicinal chemistry 92, 501-513, 2015.
- Novel motifs distinguish multiple homologues of Polycomb in vertebrates: expansion and diversification of the epigenetic toolkit. R Senthilkumar, RK Mishra. BMC genomics 10 (1), 1-18, 2009.
- Vertebrate Homologue of Drosophila GAGA Factor. NK Matharu, T Hussain, R Sankaranarayanan, RK Mishra. Journal of molecular biology 400 (3), 434-447, 2010.