Harvinder Kour Khera
- PhD, AcSIR-Indian Institute for Integrative Medicine, Jammu, 2010-2017
- MSc, University of Jammu, 2008-2010
- Visiting Scholar, University of California, San Diego, USA, 2018-2020
Molecular Biology, heterologous protein expression and purification (E.coli, yeast, insect and mammalian cells), bioassay development, anti-malarial drug discovery, Antibody purification (monoclonal, single-chain and nanobody), Nanobody libraries
Areas of interest
Developing low-cost detection methods for various infectious and rare genetic diseases.
Honors and Awards
- Awsar award by Department of Science and Technology, India, for popular science story, 2021
- Best Poster Award at CME cum Workshop on Tuberculosis Present Scenario and Challenges Ahead, PGIMER, Chandigarh, 2018
- Best participant award in EMBO Global Exchange Lecture Course on ‘Malaria Genomics and Public Health’ at Madurai, Tamil Nadu, 2017
- Khera HK and Srivastava AK. Genetic engineering of algae. 2021 In:An integration of Phycoremediation Processes in Wastewater Treatment. Elsevier.
- Srivastava AK, Yadav TC, Khera HK, Mishra P, Raghuwanshi N, Pruthi V, Prasad R. Insights into interplay of immunopathophysiological events and molecular mechanistic cascades in psoriasis and its associated comorbidities. Journal of Autoimmunity. 2021 1;118:102614.
- Khera HK, Maity K. Rational Design of Next-Generation Therapeutic Antibodies using Protein Engineering Tools. 2020 In: Next Generation Biomanufacturing Technologies: Synthesis to Sensing, ACS, Washington, United States.
- Khera HK, Singh SK, Singh S. Chorismate synthase from malaria parasites is bifunctional enzyme. Molecular & Biochemical Parasitology, 2019.
- Das MK, Prajapati BK, Tiendrebeogo RW, Ranjan K, Adu B, Srivastava AK, Khera HK, Chauhan NK, Tevatiya S, Kana IH, Sharma SK, Singh S, Theisen M. Malaria epidemiology in an area of stable transmission in tribal population of Jharkhand, India. Malaria Journal. 2017;16:181.
- Khera HK, Singh SK, Mir R, Bharadwaj V, Singh S. A HRMS-based method for determination of Chorismate synthase activity. Protein and Peptide Letters. 2017;23(3):229-234
- Shukla G, Khera HK, Srivastava AK, Khare P, Patidar R, Saxena R. Therapeutic Potential, Challenges and Future Perspective of Cancer Stem Cells in Translational Oncology: A Critical Review. Current Stem Cell Research & Therapy. 2017;12(3): 207-224.
- Khera HK, Singh SK, Bhat GN, Singh S. Conserved cysteine residues in malaria Chorismate synthase indicate their important role in protein structure and function. Indian Journal of Biochemistry & Biophysics. 2016;53161-168.