- Farhina Mozaffer, Gautam I. Menon, Farah Ishtiaq. “Exploring the thermal limits of malaria transmission in the western Himalaya”. Ecology and Evolution 2022 Sept 12; 12 9. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1002/ece3.9278
- Moharir SC, Raghawan AK, Ramaswamy R, Swarup G. “Autophagy-independent cytoprotection by optineurin from toxicity of aggregates formed by mutant huntingtin and mutant ataxin-3”. J Biochem. 2022 May 11;171(5):555-565. DOI: 1093/jb/mvac011
- SC Moharir, K Sirohi, G Swarup . “Regulation of transferrin receptor trafficking by optineurin and its disease-associated mutants”, Progress in Molecular Biology and Translational Science 2022 (Book Chapter)
- Jagannath DK, Valiyaparambil A, Viswanath VK, Hurakadli MA, Kamariah N, Jafer AC, Patole C, Pradhan S, Kumar N, Lakshminarasimhan A. “Refolding and characterization of a diabody against Pfs25, a vaccine candidate of Plasmodium falciparum”. Anal Biochem. 2022 Aug 6;655:114830. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ab.2022.114830
- Moharir SC, Swarup G. “Optineurin deficiency induces patchy hair loss but it is not sufficient to cause amyotrophic lateral sclerosis in mice”. Biochim Biophys Acta Mol Basis Dis. 2022 Oct 1;1868(10):166470. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bbadis.2022.166470
- Sonia Q. Sen, Generating neural diversity through spatial and temporal patterning, Seminars in Cell & Developmental Biology, 2022, ISSN 1084-9521 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.semcdb.2022.06.002
- P MNP, D RP, G S, K AAP, K SM, A SP, P R, V S, Dasgupta S, Krishnan J, Ishtiaq F. “Island biogeography and human practices drive ecological connectivity in mosquito species richness in the Lakshadweep Archipelago”. Sci Rep. 2022 May 16;12(1):8060. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1038/s41598-022-11898-y.
- Moharir SC, Thota SC, Goel A, Thakur B, Tandel D, Reddy SM, Vodapalli A, Singh Bhalla G, Kumar D, Singh Naruka D, Kumar A, Tuli A, Suravaram S, Chander Bingi T, Srinivas M, Mesipogu R, Reddy K, Khosla S, Harshan KH, Bharadwaj Tallapaka K, Mishra RK. “Detection of SARS-CoV-2 in the air in Indian hospitals and houses of COVID-19 patients”. J Aerosol Sci. 2022 Aug; 164:106002. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jaerosci.2022.106002
- Bhagyashree Kaduskar, Raja Babu Singh Kushwah, Ankush Auradkar, Annabel Guichard, Menglin Li, Jared B. Bennett, Alison Henrique Ferreira Julio, John M. Marshall, Craig Montell & Ethan Bier. “Reversing insecticide resistance with allelic-drive in Drosophila melanogaster”. Nature Communications 13, 291. 12 January 2022.
- Amanjot Singh, Arvind Reddy Kandi, Deepa Jayaprakashappa, Guillaume Thuery, Devam J. Purohit, Joern Huelsmeier, Rashi Singh, Sai Shruti Pothapragada, Mani Ramaswami, and Baskar Bakthavachalu. “The transcriptional response to oxidative stress is independent of stress-granule formation”. Molecular Biology of the Cell Vol. 33, No. 3. 18 Feb 2022.
- Rashmi U Pathak, Ashish Bihani, Rahul Sureka, Parul Varma & Rakesh K Mishra (2022) “In situ nuclear matrix preparation in Drosophila melanogaster embryos/tissues and its use in studying the components of nuclear architecture”. Nucleus, 13:1, 116 128,
- Aditi Thakare, Chaitali Ghosh, Tejashwini Alalamath, Naveen Kumar, Himani Narang, Saurabh Whadgar, Kiran Paul, Shweta Shrotri, Sampath Kumar, M Soumya, Raksha Rao, Mahul Chakraborty, Bibha Choudhary, Susanta K. Ghosh, Suresh Subramani, Sunita Swain, Subhashini Srinivasan. “The genome trilogy of Anopheles stephensi, an urban malaria vector, reveals structure of a locus associated with adaptation to environmental heterogeneity”. Accepted for publication in Scientific Reports
- Beibei Wu, Arunachalam Ramaiah, Gustavo Garcia Jr., Spyridon Hasiakos, Vaithilingaraja Arumugaswami and Sonal Srikanth. “ORAI1 limits SARS-CoV-2 infection by regulating tonic type I IFN signaling”. The Journal of Immunology.
- Tharak A, Kopperi H, Manupati H Kiran U, C. G. Gokulan, Moharir SC, Mishra RK, Mohan VS “Longitudinal and Long-term Wastewater Surveillance for COVID-19: Infection dynamics and Zoning of Urban Community”. Int. J. Environ. Res. Public Health 2022, 19(5), 2697;
- Rashid I, Campos M, Collier T, Crepeau M, Weakley A, Gripkey H, Lee Y, Schmidt H, Lanzaro G. “Spontaneous mutation rate estimates for the principal malaria vectors Anopheles coluzzii and Anopheles stephensi”. Sci Rep 2022; 12: 226
- Nikhil Hajirnis, Rakesh K Mishra. “Homeotic Genes: Clustering, Modularity, and Diversity”. Front Cell Dev Biol. 2021 Aug 11;9:718308.
DOI: doi: 10.3389/fcell.2021.718308
- Nikhil Chakravarty, Thrisha Senthilnathan, Sophia Paiola, Priya Gyani, Sebastian Castillo Cario, Estrella Urena, Akash Jeysankar, Prakash Jeysankar, Joseph Ignatius Irudayam, Sumathi Natesan Subramanian, Helen Lavretsky, Shantanu Joshi, Gustavo Garcia Jr., Arunachalam Ramaiah, Vaithilingaraja Arumugaswami. “Neurological pathophysiology of SARS-CoV-2 and pandemic potential RNA viruses: a comparative analysis”. FEBS Letters. 10 November 2021.
- Ming Li, Ting Yang, Michelle Bui, Stephanie Gamez, Tyler Wise, Nikolay P. Kandul, Junru Liu, Lenissa Alcantara, Haena Lee, Jyotheeswara R. Edula, Robyn Raban, Yinpeng Zhan, Yijin Wang, Nick DeBeaubien, Jieyan Chen, Héctor M. Sánchez C., Jared B. Bennett, Igor Antoshechkin, Craig Montell, John M. Marshall & Omar S. Akbari. “Suppressing mosquito populations with precision guided sterile males”. Nature Communications. 10 September 2021.
- Farah Ishtiaq. “Ecology and evolution of avian malaria: Implications of land use changes and climate change on disease dynamics”. Journal of the Indian Institute of Science. 3 June 2021.
- Vysakh K. Viswanath, Suraj T. Gore, Ashwathi Valiyaparambil, Subhendhu Mukherjee, Anirudha Lakshminarasimhan. “Plasmodium Chitinases: Revisiting a target of transmission‐blockade against malaria”. Protein Science. 2 May 2021.
- Farah Ishtiaq, Sunita Swain, S. Sampath Kumar. “Anopheles stephensi (Asian Malaria Mosquito)”. Trends in Parasitology, CellPress. 14 April 2021.
- Amanjot Singh, Joern Hulsmeier, Arvind Reddy Kandi, Sai Shruti Pothapragada, Jens Hillebrand, Arnas Petrauskas, Khushboo Agrawal, Krishnan RT, Devasena Thiagarajan, Deepa Jayaprakashappa, K VijayRaghavan, Mani Ramaswami, Baskar Bakthavachalu. “Antagonistic roles for Ataxin-2 structured and disordered domains in RNP condensation”. eLife. 10 March 2021.
- Mahul Chakraborty, Arunachalam Ramaiah, Adriana Adolfi, Paige Halas, Bhagyashree Kaduskar, Luna Thanh Ngo, Suvratha Jayaprasad, Kiran Paul, Saurabh Whadgar, Subhashini Srinivasan, Suresh Subramani, Ethan Bier, Anthony A. James & J. J. Emerson. “Hidden genomic features of an invasive malaria vector, Anopheles stephensi, revealed by a chromosome-level genome assembly”. BMC Biology. 10 February 2021.
- Rohan K. Menzies, Joli R. Borah, Umesh Srinivasan, Farah Ishtiaq. “The effect of habitat quality on the blood parasite assemblage in understorey avian insectivores in the Eastern Himalaya, India”. Ibis. 18 January 2021.
- Afiya Razia Chida, Samathmika Ravi, Suvratha Jayaprasad, Kiran Paul, Jaysmita Saha, Chinjusha Suresh, Saurabh Whadgar, Naveen Kumar, Raksha Rao K, Chaitali Ghosh, Bibha Choudhary, Suresh Subramani and Subhashini Srinivasan. “A near-chromosome level genome assembly of Anopheles stephensi”. Frontiers in Genetics. 16 November 2020. DOI:https://doi.org/10.3389/fgene.2020.565626
- Adriana Adolfi, Valentino M. Gantz, Nijole Jasinskiene, Hsu-Feng Lee, Kristy Hwang, Gerard Terradas, Emily A. Bulger, Arunachalam Ramaiah, Jared B. Bennett, J. J. Emerson, John M. Marshall, Ethan Bier & Anthony A. James. “Efficient population modification gene-drive rescue system in the malaria mosquito Anopheles stephensi”. Nature Communications. 3 November 2020.
- Mridula Nandakumar, Farah Ishtiaq. “Genetic drift and bottleneck do not influence diversity in Toll-like receptor genes at a small spatial scale in a Himalayan passerine”. Ecology and Evolution. 15 October 2020.
- Sonia Sen. “Neurotransmitter Identity: A question of lineage”. eLife. 7 May 2019.
- Sonia Sen and K. VijayRaghavan. “Obituary: Heinrich Reichert (1949-2019)”. Development 2019.
- Annabel Guichard, Tisha Haque, Marketta Bobik, Xiang-Ru S. Xu, Carissa Klanseck, Raja Babu Singh Kushwah, Mateus Berni, Bhagyashree Kaduskar, Valentino M. Gantz & Ethan Bier. “Efficient allelic-drive in Drosophila”. Nature Communications. 9 April 2019.