VS Sresty Tavva
- PhD Botany, Andhra University, India
- Post-doctoral research, Agricultural Biotechnology Program, Department of Biotechnology, Government of India
- Post-doctoral research, University of Kentucky, KY, US
- Research Scientist, Metabolix Inc., Boston, MA, USA
- Research Scientist, DuPont-Pioneer, Hyderabad
- Team Leader, DuPont-Pioneer, Hyderabad
- Group Leader, DuPont-Pioneer, Hyderabad
Plant genetic engineering, Plant genome editing, Vector construction and plant transformation, Gene expression element characterization
Areas of interest
Crop improvement, Plant genome editing, Gene expression elements discovery and characterization
Honors and Awards
Prof. B.G.S. Rao Memorial Award for the Best Thesis in Botany, Andhra University, Visakhapatnam, India
- Das A., Ghana P, Rudrappa B, Gandhi R., Tavva V.S. and Mohanty A. 2021 Genome editing of Rice by CRISPR-Cas: End-to-end pipeline for crop improvement. Methods in Molecular Biology 2238, Springer Protocols, 115-134.
- Das A., Gandhi R., Tavva V.S., Fedorova M., Jayachandran A., Greene T. and Mohanty A. 2018 Precision Breeding by CRISPR-Cas Assisted Genome Editing. In: Modern Breeding Strategies For Crop Improvement, Proceedings of One-day Dialogue on July 10, 2017, Professor Jayashankar Telangana State Agricultural University (PJTSAU), Rajendranagar, Hyderabad 500 030, India, 250p
- Dinkins R.D., Tavva, V.S. Palli S.R. and G.B. Collins, 2012 Mutant and over-expression analysis of a C2H2 single zinc finger gene of Arabidopsis. Plant Mol Bio Rep. 30: 99-110.
- Singh A.K., Tavva, V.S. Collins, G.B. and Palli S.R. 2010. Improvement of ecdysone receptor gene switch for applications in plants: Locusta migratoria retinoid X receptor (LmRXR) mutagenesis and optimization of translational start site. FEBS Journal, 277: 4640-4650.
- Tavva, V.S., Dinkins R.D., Collins, G.B. and Palli S.R. 2009. Ecdysone receptor-based gene switches for applications in plants. In: Ecdysone, structures and functions, (Ed. Smagghe, G.). 505-532, Springer Science.
- Tavva, V.S., S.R. Palli, R.D. Dinkins and G.B. Collins, 2008 Improvement of a monopartate ecdysone receptor gene switch and demonstration of its utility in regulation of transgene expression in plants. FEBS Journal, 275: 2161-2176.
- Tavva, V.S., Y.-H. Kim, I.A. Kagan, R.D. Dinkins, K-H. Kim and G.B. Collins 2007 Increased α-tocopherol content in soybean seed overexpressing the Perilla frutescens -tocopherol methyltransferase gene. Plant Cell Reports, 26: 61-70.
- Tavva, V.S., S.R. Palli, R.D. Dinkins and G.B. Collins, 2007 Applications of EcR gene switch technology in functional genomics. Archives of Insect Biochem. and Physiol., 65: 164-179.
- Tavva, V.S., Dinkins R.D., Palli S.R. and Collins G.B. 2007 Development of a tightly regulated and highly inducible ecdysone receptor gene switch for plants through the use of retinoid X receptor chimeras. Transgenic Research, 16: 599-612.
- Tavva, V.S., S.R. Palli, R.D. Dinkins, and G.B. Collins. 2007. EcR gene switches for regulated expression of transgenes in plants. p. 48. In X. Belles et al., ed. 16th International Ecdysone Workshop, Journal of Insect Science 7.13.
- Tavva, V.S., Dinkins RD, Palli SR and Collins GB, 2006. Development of a methoxyfenozide-responsive gene switch for applications in plants. The Plant Journal, 45: 457-469.
- Tavva, V.S., Collins GB and Dinkins RD, 2006. Targeted overexpression of Escherichia coli MinC protein in higher plants results in abnormal chloroplasts. Plant Cell Reports, 25: 341-348.
- Anderson Paul, S. R. Sharma, T. V. S. Sresty, Shantibala Devi, Suman Bala, P. S. Kumar, P. Parthasaradhi, Roger Frutos, I. Altosaar and P. Ananda Kumar, 2005. Transgenic cabbage (Brassica oleracea var. capitata) resistant to Dimondback moth (Plutella xylostella). Indian J. Biotechnology, 4: 72-77.
- T.V.S. Sresty and P. Ananda Kumar, 2003. Genetic engineering of plants for therapeutic purposes. In: Recent Progress in Medicinal Plants, Vol 4: Biotechnology and Genetic Engineering. 275-293, Studium Press LLC, Houston, Texas, USA.
- T.V.S. Sresty and K.V.Madhava Rao, 2003. CO2 fixation and related components in pigeonpea cultivars under Zn and Ni Stresses. Proceedings of Andhra Pradesh Akademi of Sciences, 7. 4: 249-260.
- Madhava Rao, K.V. and T.V.S. Sresty, 2000. Antioxidative parameters in the seedlings of pigeonpea (Cajanus cajan (L.) Millspaugh) in response to Zn and Ni stresses. Plant Science, 157: 113-128.
- T.V.S. Sresty and K.V.Madhava Rao, 2000. Organ compartmentation of zinc and nickel in pigeonpea seedlings in relation to cultivar tolerance. Journal of Plant Nutrition, 23 (10): 1421-1434.
- T.V.S. Sresty and K.V.Madhava Rao, 1999. Ultrastructural alterations in response to zinc and nickel stress in the root cells of pigeonpea. Environmental and Experimental Botany, 41: 3-13.
- T.V.S. Sresty 1998. Heavy metal pollution and plants: some problems and prospects. Research Notes, Andhra University, India, vol. 3.12 (March 1998).
- T.V.S. Sresty 1997. Molecular mechanisms of heavy metal tolerance in plants. Research Notes, Andhra University, India, vol. 2.10 (January 1997).
- Plant Gene Expression Modulatory Sequences from Maize – US20130254932; AU2011348261A1
- Regulatory Sequences for Modulating Transgene Expression in Plants – US11242535B2
- Generation of High Polyhydroxybutyrate Producing Oil seeds – US9181559B2; AU2013207598A1
- Compositions and Methods for Modifying Maturity in Rice Plants – WO2020041079A1
- Methods of Identifying, Selecting, and Producing Bacterial Leaf Blight Resistant Rice – PH12020551725A1
- Donor Design Strategy for CRISPR-Cas9 Genome Editing – WO2021016098A1