Job Opening RA-05 (All applicants must list this number in their application to be considered)
TIGS-CI is seeking applications from enthusiastic candidates to join the Plant genetics team at the Tata Institute for Genetics and Society, Bangalore (https:/tigs.res.in). Using new genetic technologies such as targeted genome editing by CRISPR/Cas, we develop crops with desired features that are resistant to biotic and abiotic stresses. The major focus of our group is to identify important rice varieties and develop strategies to improve diverse agronomic features and deliver transgene-free, improved rice varieties through genome editing. Successful candidates will join the team to take part in ongoing programs, which require experience and interest in rice tissue culture & transformation, molecular biology and/or phenotyping platforms.
Roles and Responsibilities
Research Assistant (RA-05): Rice phenotyping
The role will be to actively engage in phenotyping of rice events developed for different traits of interest. The candidate will also be responsible for care of the greenhouse for growing healthy rice events. Preference will be given to the candidate who has knowledge and experience in taking care of the greenhouse and hands-on experience in rice backcrossing experiments.
- Master’s degree in Plant Breeding, Genetics, Plant Biotechnology, or any related discipline; with 1-2 years of relevant research experience.
- Preference will be given to the candidates with experience in rice back-crossing experiments and knowledge of genetics.
- Knowledge in basic statistical tools would be an added advantage, but not essential.
- Ability to work both as part of a team, and independently, coupled with excellent verbal and written communication skills, organizational and problem-solving skills are required.
Initially for One year and extension based on satisfactory review.
If you are interested in applying for this research position, please send the following documents, with a clear reference to the job number listed above and addressed to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cover letter with CV with email, phone number and contact details of three referees
- Why you should be hired for this position and research interests (one-page max)
Please note, emails with only attached CV will NOT be considered. (Applicants must list Job no RA-05 in their application to be considered)
Application Deadline: February 09, 2021