Job Opening RA-04 (All applicants must list this number in their application to be considered)
TIGS-CI is seeking applications from enthusiastic candidates to join the Plant genetics team at the Tata Institute for Genetics and Society, Bangalore. Using new genetic technologies such as targeted genome editing by CRISPR/Cas, we develop crops with desired features that are resistant to biotic and abiotic stresses. The major focus of our group is to identify important rice varieties and develop strategies to improve diverse agronomic features and deliver transgene-free, improved rice varieties through genome editing. Successful candidates will join the team to take part in ongoing programs, which require experience and interest in rice tissue culture & transformation, molecular biology and/or phenotyping platforms.
Roles and Responsibilities
Research Assistant (RA-04): to support rice tissue culture and molecular biology platforms. The role will be to actively engage in rice tissue culture and transformation experiments, as well as vector construction and molecular analysis of rice events generated using new genetic technologies. Candidates with experience in tissue culture and molecular biology are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Master’s degree in Plant Sciences, Plant Biotechnology, Plant Physiology, Molecular Biology, or related discipline with 1-2 years of relevant research experience.
- Preference will be given to the candidates with experience in vector construction, rice tissue culture and transformation.
- Ability to work both as part of a team, and independently, coupled with excellent verbal and written communication skills, organizational and problem-solving skills are required.
Initially for One year and extension based on satisfactory review.
If you are interested in applying for this research position, please send the following documents, with a clear reference to the job number listed above and addressed to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cover letter with CV with email, phone number and contact details of three referees
- Why you should be hired for this position and research interests (one-page max)
Please note, emails with only attached CV will NOT be considered. (Applicants must list Job no RA-04 in their application to be considered)
Application Deadline: February 09, 2021